This is an incredible easy recipe, unlike the previous E. Just a few key ingredients, a few moments of effort are required to deliver this delicious dessert.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 meringue nests (homemade or bought)
- 300g strawberries
- 200g raspberries
- 400ml double cream
- 1-2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- Cut off the green stalks front the strawberries and cut each fruit into similar sizes as the raspberries.
- Set aside a couple of pieces of strawberry and raspberr and dribble the balsamic vinegar and caster sugar over the strawberries and leave to stoop for a couple of hours. Don’t worry, the balsamic ail help bring out the taste of the fruit rather than overpowering it.
- Crush the meringues. You want a mix of chunky pieces, small pieces, and sand-like dust.
- When you’re ready to serve the dessert, whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks (this should only take 1 minute by hand).
- Fold in the fruit (juice and all), meringue into the cream and top each serving with a couple of pieces of fruit.
- This recipe should serve 4 greedy people