This week I’ve needed a sweet tooth, so I’ve managed to create both another H recipe (honeycomb) and homemade ice cream (the upcoming I recipe).
Honeycomb is deceptively easy to make, you just need to keep an eye on it as sugar gets very hot!
Preparation time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 5 minutes (plus 1hour of cooling in the fridge)
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1.5 tsps baking soda
- In a saucepan, stir the sugar and golden syrup together. Stir as much as you want now but as soon as you apply heat, you must not stir, only swirl.
- Put the saucepan over a medium heat until the mixture has completed melted and bubbles until the colour of maple syrup, which takes about 3 minutes.
- Add the baking soda and stir vigorously. The honeycomb will froth up instantly. Pour this onto greased tinfoil.
- Put in the fridge and leave to set for about an hour. Smash with a clean hammer or rolling pin and it’s ready to eat.