This recipe makes a delicious brunch. It does involve a few steps, but nothing overly complicated and can be ready in 10 minutes! I like this recipe because it starts with a shortcut and is still gratifying – you definitely are not substituting time/effort for flavour here.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 fillet of salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of mascarpone cheese (it does make a difference, but if you don’t have any in you can substitute with milk)
- 50g washed spinach
- 2-3 slices of thickly sliced white bread
- I start by putting the salmon in a small bowl and covering with a side plate. Put this in the microwave and cook on high for 1-2 minutes. You can even use this technique if the salmon is frozen, it will just take 1 minute more. This is a quick way to steam salmon without it losing any of the flavour.
- Once the salmon is cooked, flake apart using a knife and fork then set aside.
- In a saucepan add a knob of butter and tip in the spinach. This just needs heat for a few minutes to allow it to wilt.
- I toast the bread and butter it at this point, then divide the wilted spinach between 2-3 slices (depending on their size). Then pile on a few flakes of salmon onto each slice.
- Finally, in the same saucepan as the spinach was in quickly whisk the eggs and mascarpone together and continue to mix on a high heat until your eggs are scrambled. Don’t forget to season them with a pinch of salt and a turn of pepper. Then add a spoonful of scrambled eggs to the pile on your toast and your brunch is ready to eat!